Our family has had several different sleeping arrangements over the years. Matthew and I seemed to move around the house quite a bit even before Quinn joined us. Lately, Matthew usually sleeps in one bedroom, and Quinn and I sleep in another bedroom. Matthew sleeps on a regular full size bed. Quinn and I sleep in this 4' x 5' house on a cushion on the floor. It's surprisingly comfy. Sometimes my feet hang out of the door. Other sleep options in our home are a twin size futon and a full size futon.
Quinn's room has a garden and video game theme. She calls it Game Land. The rugs in front are like the pool and lawn in the backyard on Plants vs. Zombies. That balloon has Kirby face drawn on it. The windows are decorated with drawings of Prince Fluff and Kirby (from Kirby's Epic Yarn) and Princess Peach (from Mario games).
Breakfast often begins with a donut for Quinn. Kinnikinnick Vanilla Glazed or Cinnamon Sugar.
Sometimes with a fork from my childhood. Often at the table in her room.
Next on the menu is usually a 2 egg white butterfly.
Sometimes I eat the yolks with my typical fried eggs and pile of fermented veggies, and sometimes I save the yolks to make custard.
On weekends, Matthew usually cooks bacon to go with our eggs, and we get to have slow mornings all together.
Most weekday evenings, Matthew is home between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. There have been times when he has had late work nights and travel, but hardly any at all with his current job. We're super grateful for that! It means evenings are spent together playing games, watching television or movies, and sometimes doing our own things.
Matthew usually goes to bed around 10:00 p.m. Quinn and I go to bed between 10:00 p.m. and midnight, sometimes later. Quinn often has creative bursts when most people are probably sleeping.
These are some of her late night creations:
Once we make it to bed, we read books or play games on Quinn's DS until we fall asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment